Monday, February 28, 2011

2000 bucks worth of cardboard...

I'm sure everyone remembers how important prom is to teenagers. I can remember it being the late 90's-2000 and one of my biggest concerns was, "OMG (except in 2000 we didn't use the acronym) who in the world can I go to prom with!!!!!!!!"

Flash forward eleven years later...who is in charge of prom...this girl. Interestingly enough being on the production side of the prom...it just isn't all that exciting.
1. I receipt lots of cash, checks, and change. It's amazing how many combinations kids can put together to create 25 bucks. I get lots of last minute, "but can't I pay Monday"...no...no you sure can't because I've been making the same announcement about the final day to pay since the beginning of January.
2.One of the questions that starts popping up...OHHHHHH yeah around the first day of school, "Miss do you know what the prom theme gonna be this year?"...actually no I haven't yet had time to think about it what with the 150 new students I have right now.
3.Can I bring my 39 year old sister...she's never been to a prom before? Why no you sure can't...because that would cause someone to want to bring their sketchy way too old boyfriend or girlfriend...and lets face it that's just not going to happen either.
4.I spend thousands of dollars on food that won't get eaten and cardboard. YES...the night of your dreams is decorated in 2000+ dollars worth of overpriced cardboard, colored tape, and balloons.
COME ON APRIL 9th...Let's get this cardboard paradise show on the road!!

No comments:

Post a Comment